The names of the players shortlisted for 2019/20 UEFA club competition awards have been revealed by UEFA. The best players of the positions- Goalkeeper, Defender, Midfielder and Forward from the 2019/20 UEFA Champions League season would be awarded.
2019/20 UEFA club competition awards
The award ceremony is set to take place on Thursday, October 1 during the 2020/21 UEFA Champions League group stage draw at UEFA Headquarters.
The coaches from 32 clubs, participated in the group stage of 2019/20 Champions League and 55 journalists from each of UEFA’s 55 member associations, selected by the European Sports Media (ESM) group, make up the jury panel.
The jury members would shortlist three players in each category and give respectively five points, three points and one point to each of them. The total number of votes casted by the coaches and journalists would decide the outcome.
The three players who received the most points overall in each positional category:
- Keylor Navas (Costa Rica – Paris Saint-Germain)
- Manuel Neuer (Germany – FC Bayern München)
- Jan Oblak (Slovenia – Club Atlético de Madrid)
- David Alaba (Austria – FC Bayern München)
- Alphonso Davies (Canada – FC Bayern München)
- Joshua Kimmich (Germany – FC Bayern München)
- Thiago Alcántara (Spain – FC Bayern München)
- Kevin De Bruyne (Belgium – Manchester City FC)
- Thomas Müller (Germany – FC Bayern München)
- Robert Lewandowski (Poland – FC Bayern München)
- Kylian Mbappé (France – Paris Saint-Germain)
- Neymar (Brazil – Paris Saint-Germain)
UEFA Women’s Champions League
UEFA would also award the Women for the best Women’s-Goalkeeper, Defender, Midfielder and Forward from the 2019/20 UEFA Women’s Champions League season for the first time.
The jury members comprised of coaches of the eight clubs which participated in the 2019/20 UEFA Women’s Champions League final tournament in Spain and 20 journalists, specialising in Women’s Football.
The three players who received the most points overall in each positional category are:
- Sarah Bouhaddi (France – Olympique Lyonnais)
- Christiane Endler (Chile – Paris Saint-Germain)
- Sandra Paños (Spain – FC Barcelona)
- Lucy Bronze (England – Olympique Lyonnais, now at Manchester City Women FC)
- Lena Goeßling (Germany – VfL Wolfsburg)
- Wendie Renard (France – Olympique Lyonnais)
- Sara Björk Gunnarsdóttir (Iceland – Olympique Lyonnais, formerly at VfL Wolfsburg)
- Dzsenifer Marozsán (Germany – Olympique Lyonnais)
- Alexandra Popp (Germany – VfL Wolfsburg)
- Delphine Cascarino (France – Olympique Lyonnais)
- Pernille Harder (Denmark – VfL Wolfsburg, now at Chelsea FC Women)
- Vivianne Miedema (Netherlands – Arsenal Women FC)
UEFA Europa League
UEFA would present 2019/20 UEFA Europa League Player of the Season award, the following night during 2020/21 UEFA Europa League group stage draw.
The three players who received the most points overall are:
- Éver Banega (Argentina – Sevilla FC, now at Al-Shabab FC)
- Bruno Fernandes (Portugal – Manchester United FC)
- Romelu Lukaku (Belgium – FC Internazionale Milano)
If you like reading about MMA, make sure you check out MMAIndia.com
Also, follow India’s biggest arm wrestling tournament at ProPanja.com