Costa Rican boxing ace Yokasta Valle has added a second title to her waist as she outperformed Thi Thu Nhi Nguyen to a 10-round unanimous decision win, becoming the new IBF and WBO Female Strawweight champion of the world.
With a ravenous home crowd backing her at the Ciudad Deportiva Heiner Ugalde in San José, Valle displayed one of the most memorable performances in her professional career as she overwhelmed her Vietnamese adversary to clinch her WBO title and also defend her IBF belt for the sixth time.
With half of the four major titles in the divison now in her possession, the 30-year-old now plans to go after the WBA and WBC belts as she aims for the undisputed Female Strawweight crown.
“I feel too happy, I dedicate this fight to all my people and all the kids in Costa Rica,” Valle said after her victory, and also called out Seniesa Estrada and Christina Rupprecht for their WBA and WBC 105-pound titles, “These two titles are staying in Costa Rica. We are going for the other two titles now.” [H/T Ring Magazine]
Yokasta Valle vs. Thi Thu Nhi Nguyen FULL RESULT
- Female Strawweight: Yokasta Valle defeats Thi Thu Nhi Nguyen (100-90, 100-90, 100-90) – retains IBF title, wins WBO title
- Female Super Flyweight: Adelaida Ruiz defeats Sonia Osorio by unanimous decision (100-90, 98-92, 99-91) – wins WBC interim title
- Junior Welterweight: Jose Garcia defeats Israel Lopez by TKO (R2 at 2:06) – wins vacant WBO World Youth super lightweight title
- Junior Lightweight Ofacio Falcon Jr defeats Jose Perez by split decision (58-56, 58-56, 58-59)
- Welterweight: Lorenzo Garro defeats Kyle Erwin by TKO (referee stoppage due to cut, R2 at 1:40)
- Lightweight: Keling Fonseca defeats Jose Alvarado by split decision (56-56, 57-56, 57-56)