Kell Brook, the former IBF welterweight champion and former unified middleweight title contender earned a dominating victory over Amir Khan, thrashing him to a technical knockout win in the sixth round on 19th February at the Manchester Arena. Soon after the victory, Brook called out former two division champion Chris Eubank Jr, only if the fight lands him in the “millions”.
Right from the first round, Kell Brook was proving to be much more powerful for Amir Khan, and the former unified light welterweight world champion essentially became a target practice for Brook until the fifth round, when the latter changed his approach and went onto the offensive, landing vicious blows on Khan.
The battering continued into the sixth round with Brook doubling up his offense, landing one after another uppercut on the already exhausted and worked up Khan, until the referee Victor Loughlin stopped the fight at 0:51 of the round.
Nothing but class & respect 👏@SpecialKBrook 🤝 @AmirKingKhan#KhanBrook | @Boxxer pic.twitter.com/mGn7urliVS
— Top Rank Boxing (@trboxing) February 19, 2022
Soon after the victory, Brook made it clear that he wants to ignite the fires against Chris Eubank Jr and is willing to square off against his fellow Briton if the fight earns him millions.
“I don’t like Eubank Jr. We could fight Eubank. There are some big fights out there for me,” Brook spoke to Sky Sports Boxing, “If the millions are out, I’ll fight. I’m a prizefighter.”
“I’m going to sit down with my dad and my mom and see if I can carry on. I’m going, to be honest with you now, my mojo is back. We’re going to have to wait and see. I’m back, baby,” the 35-year-old went on, “I’m back on top now. I took Amir Khan out, just like I said I was going to. Tonight, the fans got to see a mega-fight, and I dealt with him.” [H/T BoxingNews24.com]
Kell Brook vs Amir Khan: Check out the full fight card results below:
- Kell Brook defeated Amir Khan via 6th round TKO
- Natasha Jonas defeated Chris Namus via 2nd round KO
- Frazer Clarke defeated Jake Darnell via 3rd round TKO
- Hassan Azim defeated MJ Hall via unanimous decision
- Adam Azim defeated Jordan Ellison via 3rd round KO
- Bradley Rea defeated Craig McCarthy via 1st round KO
- Viddal Riley defeated Willbeforce Shihepo via unanimous decision
- Charlie Schofield defeated Germaine Brown via unanimous decision
- Abdul Khan defeated Ricky Starkey via unanimous decision
- Ibrahim Nadim defeated Taka Bembere via decision