Saturday, October 16, 2021
HomeBoxingEddie Hearn says "no excuses for bad matchmaking" as he pens 5-year...

Eddie Hearn says “no excuses for bad matchmaking” as he pens 5-year deal with DAZN

- Advertisement -Eddie Hearn says "no excuses for bad matchmaking" as he pens 5-year deal with DAZN - THE SPORTS ROOM
Eddie Hearn says "no excuses for bad matchmaking" as he pens 5-year deal with DAZN - THE SPORTS ROOM

British boxing promoter Eddie Hearn has entered a lucrative five year deal with DAZN, but the Matchroom MD wants to clarify one thing regarding the renewed endeavor with his former partner- no more bad matchmaking.

This year would have undoubtedly seen Eddie Hearn’s biggest boxing fight as a promoter- a four-belt, undisputed heavyweight championship super fight between Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua.

With Fury’s WBC title on the line against Joshua’s WBA (Super), WBO, and IBF belts, the fight was touted as one of the greatest ever in the sport, only to return to uncertainty after Deontay Wilder won his arbitration case for a trilogy with Fury.

- Advertisement -Eddie Hearn says "no excuses for bad matchmaking" as he pens 5-year deal with DAZN - THE SPORTS ROOM
Eddie Hearn says "no excuses for bad matchmaking" as he pens 5-year deal with DAZN - THE SPORTS ROOM

With nearly six months of hard work to make Fury vs Joshua happen now down the drain, Hearn found one solution to redemption- a brand spanking new, five year deal with global streaming service DAZN.

Parting ways with Sky Sports, Eddie Hearn “only have one hat” now- DAZN

Eddie Hearn had originally inked a deal with DAZN back in 2018, after he returned from the United States of America as “The Billion Dollar Man”. However, the deal cracked his relations with his back-then broadcasting partners, Sky Sports.

However, the clash between airing on two broadcasting services was hectic for the British promoter. Although he tried to maintain his ties with both DAZN and Sky, as well as aired several lavish PPV events and American DAZN shows on Sky to keep them at hand, but that partnership was already showing its signs of closure.

Now, with Hearn finally fixating on who he wants to move forward, he assures absolute top notch fight broadcasts with the next five years of contract he has with DAZN.

“A big problem for me over the last year or so has been the need to wear different hats: ‘You can watch this on Sky, you can watch this on DAZN.’ ‘Hold on, is this on DAZN or Sky?’” Eddie Hearn spoke to Boxing News.

“That pressure has now been taken off my shoulders because now I only have one hat,” the 41-year-old went on, “That is something that has never been done before and will probably never happen again, whereby a global promoter, of which there are none apart from Matchroom, has the ability to give clear messaging to fight fans in any country that there is only one place where you can watch our shows.

There should be no excuses for bad matchmaking in this deal and I don’t mind putting myself on the sword by saying that now,” added Hearn.

- Advertisement -Eddie Hearn says "no excuses for bad matchmaking" as he pens 5-year deal with DAZN - THE SPORTS ROOM
Eddie Hearn says "no excuses for bad matchmaking" as he pens 5-year deal with DAZN - THE SPORTS ROOM

61 COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -Eddie Hearn says "no excuses for bad matchmaking" as he pens 5-year deal with DAZN - THE SPORTS ROOM

Subscribe to get notified for latest news and updates

Latest Articles

More from author

- Advertisment -Eddie Hearn says "no excuses for bad matchmaking" as he pens 5-year deal with DAZN - THE SPORTS ROOM