The NCAA has just released its schedule for the Division I Men’s Basketball Tournament for 2021 aka March Madness, kicking off with the Selection Sunday on 14th March onwards.
The entire tournament is set to be hosted in Indiana, the NCAA had originally announced last month, with Indianapolis being the major hosting venue with 67 games scheduled to be played there.
Six venues in total have been picked for the championship. In West Lafayette, Lucas Oil Stadium, Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Hinkle Fieldhouse, Indiana Farmers Coliseum and Mackey Arena will be hosting the games, along with Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall in Bloomington. Games will be played on two courts.
Mackey Arena and Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall will host the First Four, while the First Round matches will be spread out across the venues. However, from Elite Eight onwards all the way until the championship game, games will only take place at the Lucas Oil Stadium.
The Final Four will take place on 3rd April, followed by the highly anticipated championship game on 5th April.
Check out the full March Madness schedule below-
- Selection Sunday — 6 p.m. ET 14th March
- First Four — 4 p.m. start on Thursday, 18th March (Mackey Arena, Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall)
- First round — 12 p.m. start on Friday, 19th March, and Saturday, 20th March (Mackey Arena, Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall, Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Hinkle Fieldhouse, Indiana Farmers Coliseum, Lucas Oil Stadium)
- Second round — 12 p.m. start on Sunday, 21st March, and Monday, 22nd March (Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Hinkle Fieldhouse, Indiana Farmers Coliseum, Lucas Oil Stadium)
- Sweet 16 — 2 p.m. start on Saturday, 27th March, and 1 p.m. start on Sunday, 28th March (Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Hinkle Fieldhouse)
- Elite Eight — 7 p.m. start on Monday, 29th March, and 6 p.m. start on Tuesday, 30th March (Lucas Oil Stadium)
- Final Four — 5 p.m. start on Saturday, 3rd April (Lucas Oil Stadium)
- NCAA championship game — 9 p.m. Monday, 5th April (Lucas Oil Stadium)