A new patch for League of Legends was released by Riot Games on April 12, 2022. Riot Games seems to have applied buffs to many champions and items with the new patch. However, changing the meta of the game has naturally become inevitable. Game designer Tim “Truexy” Jiang has already stated that Riot wants to change the meta ahead of the 2022 Mid-Season Invitational.
In particular, champions such as Yone, Yasuo, Gwen, Pantheon, Wukong, Neeko, Gangplank, Kalista, Lillia, and Karthus experienced various buffs. Those who are more or less familiar with the characters should have already realized that the meta will be deeply shaken. Now let’s start and take a quick look at the details of the patch notes.
For a long time some champions were quite weak. In particular, Pantheon, which was played as the Jungle role a while ago, has moved away from the meta, in fact, it has not been preferred at all. Likewise, Wukong was one of the champions who suffered the same fate as the Pantheon.
In particular, some Esports players were playing the heroes who received buffs with the patch very well. For example, Turkish origin Mad Lions Top Laner “Armut” is a top Wukong player. With the new patch, Armut will start playing Wukong again. You can benefit from high LoL betting odds by following the matches of Mad Lions. This type of information you get about the players can allow you to make accurate predictions.
Now let’s take a look at how the champions have changed with the 12.7 patch.
Played in Gwen Top lane, she is known for her high damage combined with her durability.
E – Skip ‘n Slash
- Cooldown refund upon first basic attack: 50 percent ⇒ 60 percent
R – Needlework
- Cooldown: 120/100/80 seconds ⇒ 100/90/80 seconds
Jayce has long been a good choice for Top lane. Furthermore, his strength in the early game seems to have been reduced and his strength in the late game seems to be paved. In short, this is neither a nerf nor a buff.
- Health growth: 90 ⇒ 95
- Health: 560 to 2,090 (levels one to 18) ⇒ 520 to 2135 (levels one to 18)
- Base armor: 27 ⇒ 22
- Armor growth: 3.5 ⇒ 3.8 (armor at level 18 unchanged)
We’re reviewing the 3rd Top Lane character with Gangplank. Moreover, Gangplank, as you know, is a hard-to-play character who can inflict instant high damage. Besides, the base damage and mana reduction for his W seem to strengthen Gangplank a lot.
Passive – Trial by Fire
- Burn base damage: 55 to 225 (levels one to 18) ⇒ 55 to 310 (levels one to 18)
W – Remove Scurvy
- Mana cost: 80/90/100/110/120 ⇒ 60/70/80/90/100
As you know, Kalista was one of the less played ADCs. However, although the new update is not very strong, it may make us see Kalista in Summoner’s Rift again.
- Base mana: 250 ⇒ 300
- Movement speed: 325 ⇒ 330
- Attack speed growth: 4 percent ⇒ 4.5 percent
The Jungle and Mid lane hero Karthus has received a small buff for his “Q” ability.
Q – Lay Waste
- Damage against monsters: 85 percent ⇒ 95 percent
Lee Sin is both a tank and jungle hero who can deal high damage. He could get very annoying, especially in the hands of players who played really well. Riot Games must have heard the voices of the players because they decided to nerf Lee Sin.
Besides, if you want to be constantly informed about such articles, you can follow our Esports articles. Moreover, you can quickly get information about the next patches and other details.
- Base AD: 68 ⇒ 66
Q – Sonic Wave / Resonating Strike
- Sonic Wave damage: 55/80/105/130/155 (+100 percent bonus AD) ⇒ 50/75/100/125/150 (+100 percent bonus AD)
- Resonating Strike minimum damage: 55/80/105/130/155 (+100 percent bonus AD) ⇒ 50/75/100/125/150 (+100 percent bonus AD)
- Resonating Strike maximum damage: 110/160/210/260/310 (+200 percent bonus AD) ⇒ 100/150/200/250/300 (+200 percent bonus AD)
Lillia is a jungle hero just like Lee Sin. Furthermore she is considered one of the newcomers. As you know, League of Legends has more than 100 million monthly players. Also as players want to see more diverse champions, Riot Games is constantly trying to introduce new heroes into the game.
Passive – Dream-Laden Bough
- Healing against champions: 12 to 140 (levels one to 18) (+12 percent AP) ⇒ 12 to 140 (levels one to 18) (+20 percent AP)
W – Watch Out! Eep!
- Damage: 70/90/110/130/150 (+35 percent AP) ⇒ 80/100/120/140/160 (+35 percent AP)
Neeko is a very powerful Mid lane and Support hero. However, her escape mechanics were insufficient because she was too fragile. Furthermore, Neeko’s W skill is buffed a little bit.
W – Shapesplitter
- Passive bonus magic damage: 50/70/90/110/130 (+60 percent AP) ⇒ 50/80/110/140/170 (+60 percent AP)
- Passive bonus movement speed: 10/15/20/25/30 percent ⇒ 10/17.5/25/32.5/40 percent
As a former Pantheon player, I can say that I love the buffs. Moreover, the buffing of the Aegis Assault skill looks great.
Base health regeneration: 9 ⇒ 7.5
Q – Comet Spear
- Tap Q length: 550 units ⇒ 600 units
- Tap Q width: 150 units ⇒ 120 units
E – Aegis Assault
- Pantheon is no longer slowed if moving backwards while E – Aegis Assault is active
R – Grand Starfall
- Pantheon now crashes down on his destination 0.25 seconds sooner
Rengar is a very strong jungle champion. Especially Rengar is the nightmare of ADCs and can destroy them with a single combo when they are caught by him.
Q – Savagery
[New]: Q – Savagery’s bonus damage is reduced by 40 percent against structures
W – Battle Roar
Bonus magic damage against monsters: 65 to 130 (levels one to 18) ⇒ 85 to 150 (levels one to 18)
Fixed a bug where Gromp did not grant Rengar a stack of Ferocity
Ryze is often played in Solo and Mid lane.
Q – Overload
- Magic damage: 70/90/110/130/150 (+45 percent AP) (+three percent bonus mana) ⇒ 70/90/110/130/150 (+50 percent AP) (+two percent bonus mana)
Wukong had not been playing jungle for a long time. He was generally preferred as Top lane and rarely Jungle. Furthermore, with the new buff he received against jungle monsters, we can start to see him often in the jungle. Also, the buffs he received for his Q, W, and E skills put Wukong back in the meta.
Q – Crushing Blow
- Cooldown: 9/8.5/8/7.5/7 seconds ⇒ 8/7.5/7/6.5/6 seconds
W – Warrior Trickster
- Cooldown: 20/19/18/17/16 seconds ⇒20/18/16/14/12 seconds
- [New]: Wukong can now dash through terrain using W ⇒ Warrior Trickster
E – Nimbus Strike
- Magic damage: 80/110/140/170/200 (+80 percent AP) ⇒ 80/110/140/170/200 (+100 percent AP)
- Bonus magic damage against monsters: 50 percent ⇒ 80 percent
- Health: 490 > 520
R – Last Breath
- Cooldown: 80/55/30 seconds ⇒ 70/50/30 seconds
R – Fate Sealed
- Cooldown: 120/100/80 seconds ⇒ 120/90/60 seconds
First of all, Zeri is a new ADC hero in League of Legends. She is not preferred because she is a bit difficult to play. However, minor adjustments were made. She was already nerfed with the last patch, now she got a little nerf to reduce her damage.
- AD growth: 2 ⇒ 1.5
- Attack damage: 53 to 87 (levels one to 18) ⇒ 50 to 75.5 (levels one to 18)
- Base armor: 22 ⇒ 20
- Health growth: 90 ⇒ 95
- Health at level 18: 2,030 ⇒ 2,115
Q – Burst Fire
- Total physical damage: 10/15/20/25/30 (+110 percent total AD) ⇒ 7/9/11/13/15 (+110/112.5/115/117.5/120 percent total AD)
- [Update]: Q – Burst Fire now only applies on-hit effects once per cast
- [Update]: Zeri can now only gain one stack of R – Lightning Crash and one instance of E – Spark Surge cooldown reduction per Q – Burst Fire cast (excluding critical strikes)
- [New]: Critical strikes on Q – Burst Fire grant Zeri an additional R – Lightning Crash stack and an additional instance of E – Spark Surge’s cooldown reduction (at most two procs per cast: one for Q upon hitting a champion and another if it crits on a champion)
W – Ultrashock Laser
- Magic damage: 40/75/110/145/180 (+100 percent total AD)(+60 percent AP) ⇒ 10/45/80/115/150 (+120 percent total AD)(+70 percent AP)
E – Spark Surge
- Cooldown: 23 seconds ⇒ 28/26.5/25/23.5/22 seconds
R – Lightning Crash
- Cooldown: 100/90/80 seconds ⇒ 120/95/70 seconds
- Unmake magic resist reduction: five (+one percent bonus health), capped at 20 ⇒ five (+1.2 percent bonus health), capped at 25
- Active cooldown: 90 seconds ⇒ 110 seconds
- Bonus heal and shield power per stack: seven percent (maximum 35 percent at five stacks) ⇒ six percent (maximum 30 percent at five stacks)
- Total cost: 2,400 gold ⇒ 2,300 gold
- Combine cost: 600 gold ⇒ 500 gold
- Blackout cooldown: 45 seconds ⇒ 35 seconds
- Total cost: 2,600 gold ⇒ 2,700 gold
- Combine cost: 1,000 gold ⇒ 1,100 gold
- Health: 400 ⇒ 350
- Bug fix: Fixed a bug where Fimbulwinter’s base shield did not properly update with champion level
Time Warp Tonic
- Immediate health and mana restoration: 50 percent > 30 percent
- Bonus movement speed: five percent > four percent
In today’s article, we tried to evaluate the new patch coming to LoL. We have given you detailed updates about heroes and items. Especially the updates to Pantheon and Wukong seem to make a lot of changes in the meta.
Finally, as you know, Esports continues to evolve with LoL every year. Moreover, you may want to read our previous article The Future of Esports. Goodbye.