In a double championship boxing night, Joe Joyce knocked out Joseph Parker to clinch the vacant WBO interim heavyweight title, while the Amanda Serrano unified the WBC, WBO, IBF and IBO belts against Sarah Mahfoud via unanimous decision.
In the main event, local heavyweight Joe Joyce (15-0, 14 KOs) faced Joseph Parker ( 30-3, 21 KOs) in a scheduled 12-round encounter and knocked out the New Zealander in the 11th round, becoming the new interim WBO world champion and will therefore become the next challenger for the regular title which is currently held by unified champion Oleksandr Usyk.
“Joe showed why he is the juggernaut. I knew he’d get there in the end but hats off to Joseph Parker, he is a brave warrior,” Promoter Frank Warren said after the fight, “We have a new kid on the block here. Joyce is like a fine wine, he is getting better with age. He is the mandatory challenger for the WBO title against Usyk and we are going to move heaven and earth to make sure he gets a shot.” [H/T Sky Sports]
The co-main event saw Amanda Serrano (43-2-1, 30 KOs), the WBC, WBO and IBO champion dethroning Sarah Mahfoud (11-1, 3 KOs) from her IBF title reign after going the distance against the Danish pugilist and winning via unanimous decision.
Joe Joyce vs. Joseph Parker FULL RESULT:
- WBO Interim World Heavyweight Championship (Main Event): Joe Joyce defeats Joseph Parker by knockout in round 11 – 1:03
- WBC, WBO, IBF, and IBO Featherweight World Championship (Co-Main Event): Amanda Serrano (c) defeats Sarah Mahfoud via unanimous decision
- Ekow Essuman defeats Samuel Antwi via unanimous decision
- Anthony Cacace defeats Michael Magnesi via unanimous decision (116−112, 117–111, 116–112)
- Nathan Heaney defeats Jack Flatley via doctor’s stoppage in round 5
- Raven Chapman defeats Jorgelina Guanini via unanimous decision (78−74, 77–75, 79–73)
- James Heneghan defeats Rod Douglas Jr. by TKO in round 6
- Callum Thompson beats Delmar Thomas on points
- Amaar Akbar defeats Karlo Wallace on points
- Mark Heffron defeats Martin Ezequiel Bulacio by TKO in Round 1 -1:16