Tuesday, June 28, 2022
HomeBoxingTyson Fury on reports citing he's in dialogues about facing Joshua vs...

Tyson Fury on reports citing he’s in dialogues about facing Joshua vs Usyk 2 winner: “Load of rubbish!”

- Advertisement -

WBC heavyweight champion of the world Tyson Fury was recently cited by reports that he’s in touch with Saudis to face the winner of Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk 2 for the undisputed title, but the Briton has poured water on the rerports, calling them rubbish.

This is all news to me: Tyson Fury turns down the reports

According to a report from Mailsport, tweeted by talkSPORT’s Michael Benson, “The Gypsy King” has been in touch with reps in Saudi Arabia about facing the winner of the rematch between unified heavyweight champion Usyk and Joshua and targeting 17th December, just a day before the 2022 FIFA World Cup Final in Qatar.

- Advertisement -

Fury, who has been in conversations about bidding adieu to boxing, came to know about the reports and took to Twitter to clear the air, stating that its nothing but flotsam and jetsam.

“This is all news to me! Biggest load of rubbish ever!” tweeted the Briton.

Earlier this week, Matchroom Sport chief Eddie Hearn spoke on the same line in talking about whether Fury will be interested in facing the Joshua vs Usyk 2 winner, and the British promoter said that if Usyk wins the rematch as well, then Fury won’t be keen to facing the Ukrainian pugilist but the fight can happen if Joshua comes out as the winner, provided that both Fury and AJ were slated to face each other in the past.

“I think if Usyk was to beat Joshua, I think he’ll stay retired because I don’t think he [Fury] wants to fight Usyk,” Hearn told iFL TV, “But I think if AJ wins, and I truly believe he will win, you’ll see the biggest fight in the history of boxing [Joshua vs. Fury].” [H/T Boxingnews24.com]

- Advertisement -
- Advertisment -

Subscribe to get notified for latest news and updates

Latest Articles

More from author

- Advertisment -