WBC heavyweight champion of the world Tyson Fury revealed the fight purse Andy Ruiz Jr had asked for- a whopping 20 million dollars, and that’s why the fight talks ultimately fell apart.
I’ve not fought since December through no fault of my own: Tyson Fury
“I’ve been off Instagram for a while, I’ve been on holiday, I’ve been chilling, I’ve been eating, I’ve been doing all sorts of sh!t. But I just wanted to say to everybody that I want to knock out all these motherf—— out and I’m ready to rumble,” said Fury in a recent video that he uploaded to his Instagram account on Thursday. “I’ve not fought since December through no fault of my own. I’ve tried to fight some little midget Usyk and he’s not wanted anything, I’ve tried to fight AJ, he don’t want no smoke.”
“I’ve tried to fight everyone,” the Briton went on, “Andy Ruiz Jr has asked for 20 million, silly little bi— don’t know where he’s got that from. Who’s out there? Who’s available? Zhang, he was a good little fight but Joyce wants his rematch so that’s not happening now.”
“The Gypsy King” reiterated that he is willing to fight with anyone.
So, I’m looking to fight anybody, any place, anytime, anywhere. I cannot wait to fight Usyk, AJ, whoever is out there, I’m f—— you up because I’m the baddest motherf—– on the planet,” he added. [H/T Boxingscene.com]
View this post on Instagram
Frank Warren, Tyson Fury’s co-promoter, had already revealed that the fight with Andy Ruiz fell through because of the amount of money the Mexican was asking for.
“I want to get him [Fury] out whatever happens and get back in the swing of things. It’s just a bloody shame we wasted so much time [on the Usyk fight],” Warren told Boxing News. “The problem we’ve got is the ones we wanted are all fighting. The Zhang fight, Joe Joyce, I wouldn’t have gone with Joe next, he’ll have to get a win first and obviously Daniel. We’ll have a look around and see what’s available.”