Tuesday, June 28, 2022
HomeBoxingGeorge Kambosos Jr activates Devin Haney rematch clause: My confidence hasn’t been...

George Kambosos Jr activates Devin Haney rematch clause: My confidence hasn’t been broken

- Advertisement -

George Kambosos Jr (20-1, 10 KOs), the former unified lightweight world champion who lost his titles to the now undisputed 135-pound king Devin Haney (28-0, 15 KOs) earlier this month, has revealed the activation of the rematch clause.

The undisputed matchup between Devin Haney and George Kambosos Jr, which took place on 5 June 2022, at the Marvel Stadium in Melbourne, Australia, ended with the WBC titleholder Haney adding Kambosos’ WBA (Super), IBF, and WBO belts to his collection with a one-sided unanimous decision victory.

Ferocious is still alive, and I will be back: George Kambosos Jr 

Do we really want a Devin Haney vs. George Kambosos rematch? | Sporting News
Image Courtesy: Getty Images

Even though Kambosos pulled off a shocker against an injured Teofimo Lopez to become the unified champion, seeing the way the Aussie was dominated by Haney in the ring, a rematch has not been on the wishlist of many fans as the majority expects “The Dream” to come out on top once again.

- Advertisement -

However, Kambosos confirmed in an interview with NewsCorp that the rematch will be taking place as he has activated the clause, and despite being outboxed in their first encounter, “Ferocious” still believes he can avenge his defeat in the rematch, which he says will take place in Australia once again, in either Melbourne, Sydney, or Brisbane.

“The rematch is happening, 100%. I’ve activated the rematch clause. The Emperor is dead, but Ferocious is still alive, and I will be back. This is my destiny to show how great I am and get those belts back. I know I can beat Haney,” said Kambosos, “There are options for Melbourne, Sydney, and Brisbane. It will be in Australia, which is great. I know I can win a rematch. I will make some changes.”

Even though Haney completely outperformed him on 5th June, Kambosos says he still has confidence and is willing to make a run for the undisputed title once again.

“My confidence hasn’t been broken. On the day, ‘Ferocious’ wasn’t at his best. I was just off a touch, but no excuses,” he went on, “I have to be smarter at my game plan next time. I am blessed to get the shot again.” [H/T Boxingnews24.com]

Are you excited for Devin Haney vs George Kambosos Jr 2? Let us know in the comment section below.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisment -

Subscribe to get notified for latest news and updates

Latest Articles

More from author

- Advertisment -