We prioritize the privacy of our visitors and are committed to the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). In this document, we disclose the information about your data usage, collection, export, etc.
DATA OBTAINED FROM THE USER
When a user interacts with the website, we may collect certain data about that user.? This data falls into 2 broad categories: (i) data about a user themselves, which the user gives us; and (ii) data about the user, or the way a user interacts with the platforms or Services, which is collected by us electronically (in a combination, understood as the “User Information”).
We collect the following User Information in accordance with the applicable law:
- information that users provide to us, directly or via a third-party registration service for the purpose of registering with us;
- information from a user’s social media profile to populate their profile on our platforms, and where the users choose to register with us using their social media login(s);
- information users provide relating to reviews or ratings, favorite sports, tournaments, teams, events or personalities, and/or other subjects of interest to sports fans.
- information about user interactions with our platforms, and any direct communications the user receives from us (such as emails);
- device IDs or unique identifiers, location data, device and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information, statistics on page views, referral URLs, ad data, website and app navigation, IP address, and standard web log information;
- the language choices made by users in relation to their use of the Service, which may include information relating to their location when using the Service;
- the details of any third-party digital property (such as a website) that referred or linked a user to the platforms, together with information about how a user interacted with any online and email marketing campaigns related to the Service;
- information and communications on forums on the platforms, involving chat rooms and message boards;
- information about how users react on our platforms (such as the type of content they view, how frequently, at what times, etc).
Swen Communities (a part of Entertainment Pvt Ltd) operates the website thesportsroom.org with the brand name The Sports Room. We are a company registered in India and have our registered office in Mumbai. Content furnished on the website shall be the company’s Intellectual Property unless the outsourcing agency or the relevant owner is mentioned on that particular written content. For further information about the company visit: https://swenentt.com/swen-communities-pvt-ltd
We log usage data when you visit our website or app, such as when you view or click on content or ads, perform a search, or install or update our mobile app. We use log-ins, cookies, device information and internet protocol (IP) addresses to identify you and log your use. This is purely to gain insights into the usage of our website and to help deliver a better experience to you.
DEVICE AND LOCATION INFORMATION
When you visit or leave our website, we receive the URL of both the site you came from and the one you go to next. We also get information about your IP address, proxy server, operating system, web browser and add-ons, device identifier and features, and/or ISP or your mobile carrier. If you use our website from a mobile device, that device will send us data about your location based on your phone settings. We will ask you to opt in before we use GPS or other tools to identify your precise location.
We will contact you through email and push notifications for activities such as new articles published by authors you follow or relevant articles.
- We serve you tailored ads on our website. We offer you choices regarding personalized ads, but you cannot opt out of seeing other ads.
- We target (and measure the performance of) ads to users directly or through a variety of partners, using the following data, whether separately or combined:
- Data from advertising technologies on and off our Services, like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and device identifiers;
- Member-provided information (e.g., profile, contact information, title, and industry);
- Data from your use of our Services (e.g., search history, feed, content you read, page visits, videos you watch, clicking on an ad, etc.), including as described in Section 1.3;
Information from advertising partners can be accessed here on the Cookies Page.
We use your data to produce and share aggregated insights that do not identify you. For example, we may use your data to generate statistics about our users, their preference in sports, to calculate ad impressions served or clicked on, or to gain visitor demographics that help in improving user experience.
Right to Opt-out
Opt-out of Interest-Based Advertising – You may choose not to receive interest-based advertising. Please note that, even if you opt out of receiving interest-based advertising, you will still receive advertisements and marketing materials, but they will not be personalized to you specifically.
– Mobile devices have an advertising identifier that gives ad companies the ability to serve targeted ads to a specific mobile device. Depending on your specific device, you may be able to limit advertising or reset the advertising identifier within your mobile device privacy settings. You may also choose to turn off the device’s location tracking on your mobile device depending on your specific device.
– The options enunciated above are browser-specific or device-specific, you may need to opt out again if you delete cookies or change your device or your browser.
Due Process of Law
In exceptional circumstances, we are liable to disclose information about you when required by law/due process of law, when:
- Assisting Governmental Agencies
- Enforce our agreements with you, when disputed
- Investigate and defend ourselves against third-party allegations
- Security protection of our website, when compromised.
Information Provided to Ad Agencies
DATA RIGHTS YOU POSSESS
We retain your personal data while your account is in existence or as needed to provide you access to our website. Even if you only use our website once every few weeks, we will retain your information and keep your profile open until you decide to close your account. In some cases, we choose to retain certain information (e.g., visits to sites, time spent on the website) in a depersonalized or aggregated form.
- Delete data
- Change or Correct Data
- Object to, or Limit or Restrict data usage by the website
- Right to access and control your own data
- You will have the option of closing your account under all circumstances, and we will delete your data accordingly wrt the Due Process of Law.
- Privacy and Cookies Policy can be accessed here.
- For further queries or complaints, contact us.
For further understanding of your rights, we strongly recommend that you read through the Rights you possess. Every user is entitled to the following as per the GDPR:
- The Right to Access: The user has the right to request us for copies of the personal data of the user.
- The Right of Rectification: The user has the right to request us to correct any information that the user believer to be inaccurate. The user also has the right to request to complete or fill in information that he/she believes to be incomplete.
- The Right to Erasure: The user has the right to request us to erase his/her personal data, under legitimate conditions.
- The Right to Restrict Processing: The user has the right to request us to restrict the processing of the user’s personal data, under legitimate conditions.
- The Right to Object to Processing: The user has the right to request us to transfer the data that had been collected to another organization, or directly to the user, under legitimate conditions.
If there is a request from the user, We have one month to respond as per law. If the user would like to exercise any above-mentioned rights, please write to us
We recognize and observe that the security of your User Information is important to you.? When handling User Information, security is paramount and we seek to ensure that User Information is safeguarded through appropriate technical and organizational measures.?
We use reasonable or sufficient administrative, logical, and physical controls, including password protection, to safeguard your User Information against loss, theft, and unauthorized access, use, or modification. Unfortunately, the diffusion of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your User Information in accordance with applicable law, we cannot guarantee the security of your User Information if it reaches a scope beyond our powers.
The data obtained from the users shall not be transmitted to employees or third parties, unless necessary or justifiable by reasonable objectives as per law. The encrypted shall be strictly protected if there is no consent obtained from the Users.
We keep your data for only as long as required to provide you with the necessary services and to carry out the processing set out in this statement, and in line with its obligation under applicable law. This means that we will generally not keep your personal information for longer than six (6) years following your last interaction with us, and the retention period will often be shorter. For example, we may keep your information for marketing purposes for a period of three (3) years following the termination or expiry of our relationship, or your last contact with us.
CROSS-BORDER DATA TRANSFERS
Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this notice.
The information which you provide may be assigned to our commercial partners, suppliers, or agents located outside your country. We will ensure adequate protection of personal data transferred outside of your country as required under applicable laws. If you are located in the EEA, Switzerland, or in the UK, we may enter into model clauses with the recipient in order to comply with GDPR. You may contact us for a copy of the safeguards which we have put in place to protect your personal data in these circumstances.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication (comments, chats, or discussions) on our platforms will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
UPDATES OR CHANGES TO THE STATEMENT
We reserve the right to amend, change or edit the practices of the website in this GDPR Statement at any by posting an updated document. Please check here periodically. A notification or the pop-up of the Privacy Preferences shall be visible to the users if there are changes made after accepting or rejecting our data processing right. We may also send an email to the registered or subscribed users informing the same, and continued usage of the website shall be construed as an acknowledgment of the amended GDPR statement.
For any communication or requests contact us.