We uses ‘cookies’ to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
Cookie: Cookies are text files on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor’s behavioral information. When you visit our website, we collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology, based on your preferences.
Cookies are commonly used to remember you and your preferences, could be for a single visit (session cookie) or for multiple visits (persistent cookie). They ensure a steady and efficient experience for visitors and perform critical functions such as allowing users to register and continue to be logged in. Cookies may be established by the site that you are visiting (first-party cookies), or by third parties, such as those who serve content or offer advertising or analytics services on the website (third-party cookies).
Both websites and HTML emails also contain other tracking technologies. These are usually small transparent images that deliver us statistics, for similar purposes as cookies. They are often used in combination with cookies, though they are not stored on your computer in the same way as cookies. As a result, if you disable cookies, web beacons may still load, but their functionality will be confined.
Flash cookies, also identified as local shared objects, are intended to support browser content supported by Adobe Flash/appropriate Platform. They are typically used to enable ads and video content on websites. Like other cookies, they will store information on your device, some of which will be limited to Flash-enabled content. Flash cookies can only be deleted within Adobe Flash rather than via your browser.
Usage of Cookies
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- To enable a personalized experience for both visitors and registered users
- Some exist to allow the display of advertising from selected third-party networks
Types of Cookies
There are several different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Strictly Necessary – These cookies are vital for our services to operate their basic functions. These include cookies that are necessary to allow registered users to authenticate and perform account-related functions.
- Functionality – Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and the location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Analytics and Performance – Performance cookies collect information on how users interact with our Services, including what pages are visited most, as well as other analytical data. We make use of these details to improve how our services function and to understand how users interact with our services.
- Advertising – We uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
- Security – We use these cookies to help distinguish and avert potential security risks.
- Third–Party – Services hosted by us make use of separate third-party applications and services to improve the experience of visitors. These may include social media platforms, as a result, cookies may be set by these third parties, and used by them to track your online activity. We have no direct control over the information that is collected by these cookies.
Management of Cookies
You have the option to set your browser not to accept cookies, and We tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
We manage cookies through various means across our website. These locations include:
- Our website (thesportsroom.org)
- Our mobile app
- The emails we send.
Google DoubleClick DART Cookie
Do Not Track Signals
At present we may or may not respond to, or take any action with respect to web browser “do not track” signals or other methods that provide consumers with the ability to use the choice regarding the collection of personal information about an individual’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services. Though, in some instances, our third-party service providers who combine within our services do honor Do Not Track signals.
Cookies Consent as per GDPR Compliance
You shall see a cookie banner on our website. If you are visiting the website from the EU/EEA, then we do not set, or allow our ad partners to set, cookies that are used to show you targeted ads before you click to accept. When you consent in this manner, we and our advertising partners may set advertising cookies on the site you are visiting. We will display the banner to you occasionally, just in case you change your mind.
Advertising Partners Privacy Policies
- Note that we have no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Third-Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
Interest-based Advertising (IBA) Policy
Interest-based advertising referred to as targeted advertising and personalized advertising, allows us to deliver personalized targeted advertising to individuals that are personalized to individual interests, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as ad delivery, reporting, attribution, analytics, and market research. We serve interest-based advertising using the information you make available to us when you interact with our service, which may be complemented by third parties as enunciated above.
- Opt-out of Interest-Based Advertising – You may choose not to receive interest-based advertising. Please note that, even if you opt-out of receiving interest-based advertising, you will still receive advertisements and marketing materials, but they will not be personalized to you specifically.
- Mobile devices have an advertising identifier that gives ad companies the ability to serve targeted ads to a specific mobile device. Depending on your specific device, you may be able to limit advertising or reset the advertising identifier within your mobile device privacy settings. You may also choose to turn off the device’s location tracking on your mobile device depending on your specific device.
- The options enunciated above are browser-specific or device-specific, you may need to opt-out again if you delete cookies or change your device or your browser.
For any communication or requests, we shall revert to you as per the statutory requirement. Write to us.